Seminars Conferences and WorkshopsCall for abstracts for the 2019 Defence Human Science Symposium
The Defence Science and Technology (DST) Group is holding a Defence Human Science Symposium in November.
Call for abstracts for the symposium are now open and will close on 2 September 2019.
The theme for this year's symposium is "Human Sciences Impact for the Warfighter". Defence is dependent on government departments like DST, private sector organisations and universities to conduct research and development activities that ultimately affect the way that that Defence fulfils its roles and missions. Having an impact in tomorrow's complex Defence environment will be a key challenge for human sciences because of the complex nature of modern operations.
The DHSS Organising Committee is aiming for a diverse program. Abstract submissions are invited for presentations in a wide range of topics including, but not limited to, the following:
Defence focused themes
- Future technologies (including Biotechnology)
- Health and Wellbeing
- Support to operations
- Trusted Autonomous Systems
Human Performance themes
- Cognitive enhancement and augmentation
- Cognitive performance: From Perception to Decision Making
- Food and nutrition
- Physical augmentation (assistive technologies)
Human Systems Analysis themes
- Ergonomics and Human Systems Engineering
- Human Systems Integration
- Training and Education
Human Sciences in National Security themes
- Cyber security
- Evaluation of software tools and techniques
- Mathematical and statistical modelling of social processes
- Social and cultural analysis of groups
- Social media exploitation
- Measurements and Metrics
- Modelling and Simulation
- Multidisciplinary Research
- Tools and Techniques
Organisational Effectiveness themes
- Health and Safety
- Organisational Culture
- Personnel Selection and Retention
The above topics are indicative rather than all-inclusive. All submissions that directly relate to delivering human sciences impact for the warfighter will be considered.
Further details and lodgement details can be found at the DST Group website.